Amazon Deal of the Day

Monday, November 28, 2011

Lessons in Article Writing


Lessons in Writing



(This lesson was e-mailed to me by my Facebook friend Ronald Deveau)



This is one of the biggest mistakes that beginners, and very many experienced article writers make. It causes too much delay in their article writing process for no reason.


Either, they take too long trying to make their articles look good or they do not write at all because they think that they are not good enough.


Here is the only goal of your articles; to make people click on your link. Your readers do not care whether your articles are especially well-written. However, they do have to be factual and provide good information.


Any facts that are not correct will make your readers not trust you, and if they don't trust you, then why would they click on a link that makes any additional promises?


That said, while your articles do not have to look like they were written by a professional journalist, they still cannot look too sloppy either.


Let me give you an example of an article that I read once;

"You have to use good keywords in eBay titles. I often see titles with LOOK in them, I mean, who types LOOK into a search box?"


I teach in my coaching classes to make your articles conversational, however, that is a little too conversational.


I would reword that sentence into something a little less clumsy looking;


"When selecting keywords for your eBay titles, consider words that people are likely to search for. For instance, some people use the word "look" in their titles. A buyer searching for a specific product on eBay is unlikely to search for the word "look"."

In this example we are making our point in a friendly, unpretentious tone, but we look far more professional.

I hope this will help you to understand the importance of being straightforward and simple. Now please, begin writing with confidence.

Until next lesson,

No comments:

Post a Comment